Dr. Mario Fucinari is uniquely qualified as a Certified Insurance Consultant, Certified Medical Compliance Specialist, Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and a full-time practitioner. Dr. Fucinari has helped train doctors and staff over the last 27 years. He received his bachelor’s degree from Wayne State University in Detroit and his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1986. After graduating from Palmer College Davenport, Dr. Fucinari completed studies in chiropractic orthopedics and attained his certification as a chiropractic sports physician and a Certified Insurance Consultant. Dr. Fucinari is a Diplomate of the American Academy of Pain Practitioners. He is the first chiropractor to attain the Medical Compliance Specialist Physician (MCS-P) designation. He currently practices full time in Decatur, Illinois. He is a national speaker for NCMIC and Foot Levelers. His colorful and outgoing personality guarantees an entertaining presentation, while his program will help provide up-to-the-minute information.
|· Clinical Documentation and Coding Guidelines||· Medicare Guidelines|
|· HIPAA Training and Implementation||· Stroke and Cervical Manipulation|
|· OIG Compliance Guidelines|
- Director of Decatur Back & Neck Center. In private practice since June 1987.
- Logan College of Chiropractic Faculty – Billing & Documentation Tri 8
- Logan College of Chiropractic Postgraduate Faculty – 2007-2008
- Lead Instructor Insurance Certification Class, Logan, 100 hours
- Essential of Clinical Documentation and Coding
- Medicare Guidelines
- CVA and Cervical Manipulation
- Professional Boundaries
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (C.C.S.P.), Logan College of Chiropractic, 1994.
- Certified in Insurance Consulting, 100 Hours. Logan College of Chiropractic, 2004.
- Certified Medical Compliance Specialist (MCS-P) 2007
- Certified Medical Compliance Instructor (MCS-I) 2009
- Certified in Rehabilitation (Logan College) 2008
- Instructor of Clinical Documentation for NCMIC and the Illinois Chiropractic Society – presented 28 programs in 2007; 32 in 2008.
- Instructor for numerous HIPAA and Medicare workshops sponsored by the Illinois Chiropractic Society (ICS)
- Recipient of the Illinois Chiropractic Society President’s Award in 1999 and 2003 for Education and Training Excellence.
- Contributing author for the ICS and NCMIC newsletters for chiropractic health care professionals.
- Participant in National HHS Conference on HIPAA, Chicago 2003.
- Creator and author of numerous educational materials including HIPAA Training CD, Medicare DVD and CD and Clinical Documentation DVD available through the Illinois Chiropractic Society.
- Medicare Committee Chairman, Illinois Chiropractic Society, 2004-Present.
- Appointed alternate Carrier Advisory Committee representative, State of Illinois, 2004.
- CMS Conference on HIPAA, Atlanta, Georgia, November 2004
- Author of CD-ROM Book, HIPAA Security Rule: Practical Solutions for the Chiropractic Office, 2005.
DOCTOR OF CHIROPRATIC
Palmer College of Chiropractic June 1986
State Licensed: Illinois
CERTIFIED IN REHABILITATION
Logan College of Chiropractic September 2008
CERTIFIED MEDICAL COMPLIANCE INSTRUCTOR (MCS-I) 2009
CERTIFIED MEDICAL COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST – PHYSICAN (MCS-P)
Medical Compliance Training
Dallas, Texas February 2007
CERTIFIED IN INSURANCE CONSULTING
Logan College of Chiropractic August 2004
CERTIFIED CHIROPRACTIC SPORTS PHYSICIAN (C.C.S.P.)
Logan College of Chiropractic 1994
DIPLOMATE AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PAIN MANAGEMENT
B.A. DEGREE IN BIOLOGY
Wayne State University
Detroit, Michigan 1983
MEMBERSHIPS AND PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- American Chiropractic Association
- Illinois Chiropractic Society – President 2007
- Foundation for Chiropractic Education and Research (FCER)
- American College of Chiropractic Orthopedics