Life Chiropractic College West Online Privacy & Purchase Policy
Life Chiropractic College West Online Privacy Statement
1. Acceptance of Terms. Welcome to this website which is published by Life Chiropractic College West (“Life West”) Continuing Education department. Use of this website is voluntary. By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
2. Non-Personal Information Life Chiropractic College West Collects From You. Life West automatically collects information about your Internet connection, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
- The IP address of the website from which you linked directly to a Life West’s website;
- The date and time you accessed a Life West’s website;
- The pages you visited; and
- The web browser and operating system you used to access a Life West website.
- This information (“non-personal information”) does not identify you personally. Life West uses this non-personal information to monitor the effectiveness of this website and to consider potential improvements to this website.
3. Personally Identifiable Information Life Chiropractic College West Might Collect From You. Life West may request that you voluntarily provide certain personally identifiable information (“PII”) to participate in the password-protected areas, download information, join Life West mailing lists, engage in payment transactions, or for other purposes. Life West does not collect any PII about you when you visit this website unless you give Life West that information. You may choose not to provide PII via this website.
Life West is a state agency, and as such, subject to the laws governing the Preservation and Destruction of Public Records (RCW 40.14). As Life West determines is appropriate, Life West will maintain or destroy PII you voluntarily provide.
4. Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information. Unless there are restrictions on use of your PII or unless Life West tells you otherwise, Life West (or third parties engaged by Life West) may use your PII to:
Administer your participation in this website;
Communicate information Life West thinks may be of interest to you;
Fulfill your requests for services or materials;
Conduct research or surveys;
Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; and
Establish or exercise Life West’s legal rights or defend against legal claims.
5. Sharing Your Information. Through display, Life West may disclose your PII to other authorized users of this website. Life West may use third party service providers and suppliers to facilitate this website and the services Life West provides, and they may have access to PII. Authorized users are Life West employees or third parties who have been granted access and have a need to know the information collected in order to fulfill Life West’s mission. Life West may disclose PII to other affiliated institutions and/or if Life West is required to do so by law. Life West is a state agency, and as such, Life West is subject to the Washington Public Records Act, RCW 42.56. As Life West determines it is appropriate to do so, Life West will disclose PII requested pursuant to this law.
The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, but this may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
7. Linked Sites. Life West may provide links on this website to other sites of interest. Your use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements of the providers of those websites. Life West encourages you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
8. Security Measures. Life West is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, technical, and administrative security controls that comply with state and federal compliance requirements to secure the information we collect online.
9. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). Life West does some outreach to pre-college and/or minor aged individuals. Life West is a state agency, and as such, Life West is subject to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (5 U.S.C. 6501-6505).
10. Reviewing Information. You may contact us via our feedback link if you wish to discuss any issues regarding your PII.
11. Changes. Life West may change this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If Life West does make a change, Life West will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on this website. Life West encourages you to review this Online Privacy Statement periodically.
Purchasing information, Life West uses SSL security to protect any credit card information you may enter, Life West does not keep CC information unless requested through cookies and other formats.
1. Purchasing information: Life West uses SSL security to protect any credit card information you may enter, Life West does not keep CC information unless requested through cookies and other formats.
2. Purchasing process: Once user purchases an event from Life West (lwcontinuinged.wpengine.com) we send an email with the pertinent information such as (New Orders, Failed Orders, Cancelled Orders, Processing Orders, Completed Orders, and Refunded Orders) Example process; Go to http://lwcontinuinged.wpengine.com click on an event, on the left side choose your type (Doctor, CA, Chiropractic Student), choose the amount of tickets you want, click Join this event and go through our check out process.
Every attempt is made to offer Life West CE programs as announced. However, Life West reserves the right to adjust program faculty, locations, dates, times and tuition to accommodate unanticipated occurrences and to cancel programs owing to insufficient enrollment, illness, or other factors. Life West will notify advance registrants of any cancellation or significant program changes. Life West is not responsible for any expenses incurred by registrants due to adjustments or cancellations.
Refunds for program registration are granted if requested in writing no later than one business day before program begins. A $50 processing fee will be deducted from refunds.
Less than one business day before the program begins, registration is nonrefundable but a credit voucher may be issued. Vouchers must be requested within sixty days of the program. The credit voucher may be applied towards another Life West Postgraduate & Continuing Education program and must be redeemed within one year of the original scheduled program date or it will be forfeited. A $25 processing fee will be deducted from vouchers.
Timecards & CE Credit
In order to receive CE credit, your timecard must be stamped by a seminar monitor each time you enter and leave the seminar room, and it must bear your signature. You will only receive CE credit for time spent learning in the seminar room. Absence or tardiness of more than ten minutes will result in loss of credit for the hour. California and most other states consider an hour to be 50 minutes. If you are from a 60 minute state, your CE credit will be calculated on that basis.
Receipt of Payment
Your registration is complete only when you have paid in full.